The Pillars of Faith
The 5 Pillars of Islam:
1. Shahadah: "There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."
2. Salah. To pray 5 times a day.
Fajr- Dawn Prayer
Zuhr- Noon Prayer
Asr- Afternoon Prayer
Magrib- After sunset prayer
Isha- Night Prayer
3. Sawm. To fast in the month of Ramadan, the month that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) received his first revelation on Mt. Hira. And also to fast on the day of Arafat (the national day of Atonement). And also to fast on the day of Ashura (the day the Israelites crossed over the Red Sea).
4. Zakat. To give 2.5% of your leftover wealth to charity.
5. Hajj. To go to Mecca on hajj at least once in your life if you can afford it.
Pillars of Judaism:
1. Testimony of Faith: "Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One." (Deuteronomy 6:4)
2. To pray 3 times a day.
Shacharis- Morning Prayer
Minchah- Afternoon Prayer
Maariv- After sunset Prayer
3. To fast on the holiest day of Yom Kippur (the national day of Atonement) and several other major holidays.
4. To give a percentage of your leftover wealth in charity.
5. When the Holy Temple is standing in Jerusalem, to make pilgramige there three times a year at the festivals of Shavuoth (when the Torah was received on Mt. Sinai), Pesach (when the Israelites passed over the Red Sea and left Egypt), and Sukkot (a celebration of all the miracles that God did for the Israelites in the 40 years of wandering in the Sinai Pennisula).